StarFish Taxis uses the personal information given by visitors to this website when submitting forms only to improve our products and services.
We do not gather information in any other way.
The contents of an Email or electronic communication and any attached documents are strictly confidential and they may not be used or disclosed by someone who is not a named recipient.
The Data Protection Act
We use the information you give us lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Your personal data is stored securely to prevent any unauthorised access to it.
The information we hold will be accurate and up to date.
The Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet StarFish Taxis’ costs in providing you with details of the information it holds about you.
StarFish Taxis also asks that you provide it with two forms of photographic identification so that it can verify your identity. Any request should be in writing and addressed to Starfish Taxis by post at:
To process your booking, we will only share your personal information with another taxi office selected to provide the service to you, but only as much necessary to perform these functions and improve our service.
Third party taxi offices won’t be allowed to use this information for their own benefit.
We will only keep the information you give us with your consent.
Upon booking our services we will not release any of your submitted data to other parties.
After booking and in the event the service needs to be carried out by a third party registered taxi service provider we will only share following details in confidentiality:
Name – Phone number – Pick up time and date – Drop off address – Luggage description
and the number of passengers
Third party services:
StarFish Taxis uses Google Analytics to help understand use of our Services.
Google, Analytics collects the information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including cookies and your IP address.
Third party sites:
Our site may contain links to and from other websites, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we employ security measures designed to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Members of our affiliate Taxi partner Companies
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business, assets or shares, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business, assets or shares.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, or those of our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Every now and again, requests are received for information from government departments, the police and other enforcement agencies. If this happens, and there is a proper legal basis for providing your information, it will be provided to the organisation asking for it.