Terms and Conditions
- If for whatever reason you need to cancel your reservation please contact us ASAP
- Cancellations or non cancellations less than 2hours in advance will still be charged at full price quoted
Starfish Taxis cannot accept responsibility if you miss your flight due to the following:
- Incorrect information supplied in the booking form, Email, or any form of direct contact.
- If you do not show up at the agreed time
- If you do not show up at the agreed pickup point
- If you have excess luggage we have not been informed about, you may be refused to travel with us.
- If your conduct is unacceptable in our vehicles, towards other passengers or the driver, you may be refused to travel with us.
- If you did not receive a confirmation email from us confirming your travel dates and times
- You must allow sufficient time when booking your taxi to allow for the check-in times required by your airline. We advise passengers to plan to arrive at the airport with plenty time prior to flight departure
Conduct in our vehicles:
- We ask you to behave in a manner that you would expect others to behave towards you.
- In appropriate behavior towards fellow passengers or driver may see you refused travel with us.
- No drinking or eating is permitted in our vehicles.
- No smoking is permitted in our vehicles.
- Anyone who is under the influence of alcohol or other substances may be refused to travel with us.
- Will do our best to acknowledge and confirm your booking within 24 hours of receiving your travel request, if your booking is more than 7 days away please allow up to 24hours for us to respond back, particularly during the busy period at the start and end of each term.
- Starfish Taxis reserves the right to cancel straight online bookings.
When You make a Booking, this constitutes an offer which Starfish taxis may or may not accept.
Your Booking is not confirmed until you have read and confirmed the content of our Email
- Will take road obstructions into account where possible, affecting traveling time, i.e. we may have to revise pick up times to take this into consideration
- Reserve the right to charge £10.00 GBP for extra luggage – Standard accepted per person is 1 suitcase/duffle bags (or similar) and 2 items of hand luggage. Golf clubs; bikes; surf boards; skies; 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc, cases will all incur the extra £10.00 GBP charge.
- Reserve the right to refuse to take extra luggage if we are unable to accommodate this in our vehicles, particularly if we have not been made aware of it, this means you may be refused to travel with us.
- Payment can be made by credit card, debit card (subject to a max 6.5% surcharge)
- Use our own approved drivers wherever possible but do use third party companies when required to ensure appropriate service where if necessary.
- Taxi service, reliability and punctuality is an integral part of any trip or holiday.
Planning our daily work schedule requires leaving room for flexibility, traffic and ad hoc changes.
We have implemented several control mechanisms in the booking process and first contact to eradicate problems later on.
Good communication regarding delays and cancellations on the travelers part is vital.
Reliable service is a priority, we aim to arrive early at every booking, that requires our customers to be punctual at their pick up point.
The planning process also aims to leave out stress situations for the drivers, this has a direct effect on road safety and passenger comfort.
Our drivers complete a daily check form on the fundamental safety of their vehicles: mechanical, electrical, tyres and overall cleanliness.
We believe that constant evaluation secures a high level of service.
- While we will do everything we can to ensure that we get you to your destination on time there are circumstances out with our control for which we accept no responsibility for, these are as follows, but not limited to:
- Weather conditions (i.e.closure Forth Road Bridge; Volcanic Ash; Snow)
- Excessive traffic
- Road closures
- Mechanical failures
- Any events that negatively influence normal journey times.
- Delays to meet an agreed pick up time and date, we will try to our best abilities to provide an alternative travel option by subcontracting another taxi or company to assist.
- Any estimated trip times and times of arrival presented by Starfish Taxis communication are only to be taken as indicative, and are not subject to traffic and/or weather conditions and final route taken by driver.
Therefore, You agree that You are responsible for setting an appropriate Agreed Time that allows You sufficient time to reach Your destination to subsequently check-in for a flight, take a train or fulfill any other dependencies you might have.
- The company and it’s member drivers cannot be held responsible for any actual or consequential financial or professional loss, missed travel connections (flights, trains, bus etc.) due to the late or non arrival of any taxi vehicle.
- Every effort will be made by the Company to ensure that the taxi will arrive on time and reach destinations on time. The Company shall not be held responsible or liable for any delays (and/or arising consequential losses) that occur beyond its control.
- Licensed taxis are insured for passenger and third party claims as per Fife council regulations, however customers personal property is carried entirely at their own risk and the company shall not be liable or held responsible for any loss or damage to said property.
- The company and its member drivers reserve the right to refuse to carry passengers who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs and who in the opinion of the driver pose a threat to him/herself or his/her vehicle.
- All (non fixed/price) journey cost estimates are offered In good faith, neither the company or it’s member drivers can be held responsible for any variations from those good faith estimations.
- It is the customers obligation to actively seek out our designated taxi booked with us. Also to provide a working mobile or landline telephone number. The company and it’s member drivers will do all they reasonably can to ensure the taxi is waiting in an appropriate place for customers to find and will assist customers at all times.
- A credit/debit card deposit will be required on all high value or multiple taxi bookings and may or may not be refundable subject to subsequent clauses contained within these Terms & Conditions.
- All bookings accepted by the company will be bound by these terms and conditions and customers will be deemed to have read and understood them when booking.
- Proceeding with a booking (either online, by email, by text message, or by telephone) infers that the customer has read and agreed to these “Terms and Conditions”.
- Soiling – There will have to be an additional charge for soiling if it requires the taxi to be taken out of service for cleaning.This charge will be within the guidelines of Fife Council at £40 minimum charge
- Car Park Fees. When the booking requires the taxi to be parked in a Car Park (e.g. waiting for the customer at an airport), the customer will be charged an excess of any amount over £5 Car Park Fees in addition to the taxi fare.
- In the event of a “No-show” by the customer, or if a confirmed booking is cancelled by the Customer within 1 hour of the start of the period of hire, all monies paid will be totally non-refundable.
In addition the full charge may be debited, especially where the journey pick up point is from an airport or seaport.
Taxi drivers are requested to wait at the airport from 30min after flight landing and 1hour or until we receive contact from the customer that the taxi is no longer required.
This applies to both international and domestic pickups.
Our drivers are requested to wait until we receive additional information from the customer that the taxi is no longer required.
Fixed price bookings
Starfish Taxis offers fixed/set price booking on the following terms.
- Unless otherwise stated in writing by the customer and accepted by the company all such bookings are 1 pick up and 1 set down. Deviation from this arrangement without 12 hours notice will result in the fare reverting to a metered fare.
- All such fares carry a free 10 minute waiting period after which £6 per 15 minutes or part thereof will be added to the fixed/set price.
- Web bookings are considered in the first instance to be non time critical and will be replied to within hours rather than within minutes.
- Web bookings are subject to a minimum fare of £30.00 net of any card transaction fees (if applicable).
- Any airport pick up booking cancelled with less than 3 hours notice will incur a 50% forfeiture of the fare.
- Any website booking cancelled out of normal office hours (8am to 10pm GMT) and with less than 3hours notice will forfeit 50% of the fare.
- All refunded deposits will be without credit card fees usually 6.5%.
Your mobile number
- Supplying us with a mobile number will allow us to try contacting you should you not be at the arranged pick up point at the agreed time, however we would be obliged if you would call us on 00447790021000 as soon as possible so we can try to accommodate this in to the pickup schedule, failure to do so may result in the vehicle leaving without you, for which we accept no responsibility.
Non of the above contravene or affect your statutory rights.
These terms and conditions and the web-based booking form constitute the entire Agreement concerning the provision of an airport transfer service (“Service”) between you and Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers.
Completion of the booking form and use of the Service indicates your unconditional acceptance of the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.
I agree to Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers Terms & Conditions which include that Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers Transfers is:
just the booking agent, and that I am contracting directly with an alternative individual Private Hire Operator
not liable for the performance of the Private Hire Operator, nor any indirect or consequential losses arising from it.
Starfish Taxis Contact:
Cupar KY14 6HP
“you” and “your” means any individual, company or other business that places the booking with us.
2.1. You must allow sufficient time when booking your taxi to allow for the check-in times required by your airline and for any delays caused by traffic conditions. Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers shall not be responsible for any delay caused by your failure to allow enough time to reach your destination or if the passengers are not ready for collection at the booked time.
2.2. You must order a suitable car size for the number of passengers and luggage. Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers cannot guarantee to carry excessive amounts of luggage. Please note that a child, no matter what age, counts as one passenger.
3. Prices & Payment
3. When requested, Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers will email you a quotation based on the information supplied by you. Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers may amend the quotation if there is any material change to the original itinerary, the number of passengers, or the type or size of vehicle required, or any extra waiting time.
3.2 The quotation for airport flight pick up will include a  minute waiting period after the advertised landing time and the cost of car parking. Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers will Not charge for flight delays on any private taxi transfers but will charge for waiting at its standard rates (currently £15.00 per hour) after the initial 40 minute period has expired for any other type of delay (Immigration, Passport control, Baggage claims). Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers will endeavour to check for flight delays before the driver leaves for the airport but shall be under no obligation to do so.
3.3. If you accept the quotation, you will receive confirmation of your booking by email. Please check your booking confirmation carefully and inform Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers promptly of any errors. Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers shall not be responsible for any delays caused or costs arising from by your failure to provide Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers with correct information.
3.4. Payment can be made by credit card, debit card (both subject to a minimum 3% maximum 7% surcharge), cash or cheque with a valid guarantee card. Payment by cheque must be made at least 7 days before the date of travel. Payment made through the online Quote/Book/Pay now service does not incur this surcharge, but a 10% charge will be levied for cancellations.
4. The Service
4.1. You shall be responsible for the behaviour of all the passengers in the vehicle during the journey. You will be charged £40 to cover cleaning costs in the unlikely event of the vehicle being soiled by any passenger!
4.2. Eating, drinking and/or smoking in the cars are not permitted.
4.3. All children travelling during the journey should be restrained in a manner appropriate to their age, weight and height. Suitable child seats can be provided by prior request only..
4.4. Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers will not carry more passengers than its insurance or licensing allows.
If you need to cancel your booking, please contact Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers as soon as possible.
Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers will accept any cancellation made for a private taxi booking as long as there is at least 12 hours’ notice, however there will be a 20% administration / transaction charge. The cancellation must be made by email to which you will receive a cancellation confirmation.
Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers will accept any cancellation made for a private taxi booking with less than 2 hours’ notice However, there will be a 100% administration / transaction charge. The cancellation must be made by email to which you will receive a cancellation confirmation.
Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers will apply a 100% administration / transaction charge on all bookings when no email cancellation has been requested and obtained.
Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers at its sole discretion, reserve the right to refund or not charge any cancellation fee if we can successfully cancel the driver in time before he/she is dispatched to collect you. (Subject to: The driver has not missed out on other journeys/work, other passenger/s and or other journeys are not affected).
Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers will always do everything possible to ensure recovery of full payment for *No Show” & “Non travelling confirmed” private & sharing taxi booking passenger/s.
No responsibilities for costs are to be refunded to any passengers who do not show or wait for their driver or take alternative transport.
If you do not receive an email from Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers confirming your requested cancellation then we have not received it. In this case please call our 24 hours number which is 0(044)7790021000 Refunds will not be issued if the passenger does not have a cancelled email confirmation.
No refund is made at any time for cancellation of any agreed/confirmed shared taxi transfers unless a replacement passenger is found for your seat/s.
All other circumstances where a refund may be possible should be addressed directly with Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers customer services.
Please note that calls may be recorded for future reference and training purposes.
6.1. Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers shall use all reasonable endeavours to get you to your destination on time, but shall not be liable for any loss due to delays caused by road or traffic conditions beyond its control on the journey. Under no circumstances shall Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers be liable (in contract, tort or otherwise) for any loss of profits, business or for any indirect or consequential loss whatever.
6.2. All luggage is carried entirely at your risk. Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers recommends you have personal adequate travel insurance in force.
6.3. Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers shall be entitled to cancel all services and provide refunds in the event of a declared national emergency, riot, war, fuel shortage, extreme weather or terrorist attack, or other circumstances beyond its control. If the car breaks down during your journey Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers will endeavour to arrange an alternative car to complete the journey as soon as practicable. Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers recommends you have personal adequate travel insurance in force.
6.4. You shall indemnify Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers against all losses, costs, damages and expenses arising from any act or omission of any passenger in your party.
6.5. Neither party excludes or limits its liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for wilful default or fraudulent misrepresentation or otherwise in any manner unenforceable by any applicable law.
7.1. Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers will refuse or terminate any booking with immediate effect if it places any driver or vehicle at risk of damage, violence or abuse by you or by any passenger in your party and we will ask all passengers to vacate the vehicle as soon as it is safe to do so. No refunds will be given if the journey is terminated part way through the hire.
8.1. Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers may subcontract its obligations under this Agreement. You shall not assign, transfer or delegate any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement.
8.2. Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers may change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms and conditions regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes. All existing bookings will be at the rate quoted or applicable rate in effect at the time of booking.
8.3. Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers shall store, process and use all information regarding your personal details in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
8.4. This Agreement and any accompanying quotation represent the entire agreement between you and Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers in relation to its subject matter. If there is any discrepancy between the terms of this Agreement and the quotation, the terms of this Agreement shall prevail.
8.5. Nothing in this Agreement is intended to confer any benefit on any third party, whether pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise, and no third party shall have the right to enforce any rights under this Agreement except where otherwise agreed in writing.
9. Disputes contact; Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers
If You have any complaint in respect of the service provided by our personnel , You agree to first contact Starfish Taxis – Airport transfers directly (by phone or email) to resolve this with them within 24 hours of the Agreed Time.
We will do what is possible to resolve any reasonable complaint.
10. Conveying of children
10.1. UK law states that taxis are exempt from legislation relating to children travelling in a baby/child seat or booster, more details of the legislation can be found here. Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers are on occasions able to provide a form of child seat. If you require a child seat for your journey it must be requested 48 hours prior to travel.
11. Taxi sharing
11.1. If sharing is available Will confirm pick up points and exact pick up time prior to your journey departing.
11.2. Without the consent of your driver & other sharing taxi transfer passengers, pre-arranged shared airport taxi transfers cannot wait after the agreed/scheduled collection time.
11.3. To protect all concerned: If you accept and confirm a seat/s in a shared taxi transfer, you cannot cancel as other/s will also be confirmed and relying on you to travel at an agreed price. If you do cancel, your accepted/confirmed seat price will still be required to be paid unless we successfully find a replacement passenger for your seat/s. Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers will always do everything possible to recover outstanding payment/s of *No Show” & “Non travelling confirmed” passenger/s.
11.4. Will have the right to cancel or give a full refund for any pre-paid shared taxi payments if the number of expected passengers fail to travel, resulting in a loss of income to the scheduled taxi operator.
11.5. Will have the right to offer an increased price to sharing passengers if necessary to ensure travel.
11.6. We reserve the right to refuse to take extra luggage – If you have more luggage with you than we were expecting we may charge £10 per extra item, provided we can get this into the vehicle/luggage transporter. We reserve the right to refuse to take the extra luggage if we are unable to accommodate this in our vehicle/luggage transporter, this means you may be refused to travel with us and no fare/seat price will be refunded and or your confirmed/agreed seat price will still be required to be paid.
11.7. Will advise you of the transfer departure time from the airport at the time of your booking. We will do what we can to minimise the wait at the airport after you land, but cannot be held responsible for flight delays. If a shared taxi does require to depart without you, no refund will be given for your seat/s.
11.8. Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers use their own approved drivers wherever possible but do use third party companies when requested, where if necessary and if appropriate.
11.9. No refund is made at any time for cancellation of any agreed/confirmed seat/s in shared taxi transfers unless a replacement passenger is found.
Taxi sharing information:
To increase the chances of a cheaper taxi transfer & as an alternative to paying a full price taxi-
Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers will aim, to locate passengers & will offer seat/s in a suitable taxi to match each individual stated budget.
I accept the only fixed price shared transfer available at this time is £20.00 per seat. (Route: St Andrews to Edinburgh airport & is subject to 5 or more passengers travelling in the same taxi).
I agree and accept, each seat if available, will be booked according to my budget not by how many passengers are travelling my the taxi transfer.
I agree and accept, departing & returning taxis transfers are offered subject to availability and individual seat prices may vary.
I agree & accept, split share taxis are offered subject to availability and individual seat prices may vary. (eg. passenger/s travelling one way, driver collects the other passenger/s at destination).
I understand Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers also search other carefully selected companies for available options.
I accept and agree I am willing to travel in any shared taxi transfer with other/s who may pay the same, pay more or pay less than myself per seat.
I understand the higher my budget, the better chance me obtaining a successful taxi transfer.
I understand arranging shared taxi transfers incurs vast administration time, it is not always just the actual cost of the taxi transfer which requires to be met.
I agree and understand the maximum wait at any airport is 60 minutes after any agreed/accepted flight scheduled arrival time (not including time for all checked-in luggage is collected).
I agree and understand if I miss my shared taxi transfer no refund will be available and the price for my seat/s will still be required to be paid.
Shared taxis are offered if available and individual seat prices may vary.
How much are you willing to pay for 1 seat?
A. I am willing to pay £40.00 per seat.
1. Result – If one suitable seat is found which matches your £40.00 stated budget, you will successfully travel and avoid paying a full price taxi.
2. Result – If no suitable seat is found which matches your £40.00 stated budget, you will receive an email to inform you, your transfer request is unsuccessful.
Each seat if available, will be booked according to your budget, not by how many passengers are in the taxi transfer.
Our reputation is important to us:
We encourage reliable passengers; we aim for the most secure and suitable shared taxi transfers..
We do everything possible to ensure all shared taxi transfers travel successfully and safely.
We provide comfortable MPV taxis whenever possible, we never use buses.
All taxi transfers provide a Door to Door Service
Our search services are subject to the terms and conditions and usually £5 for any passenger we ad on to the share.
If available, we will instantly reserve you a seat which meets your stated budget and contact you immediately.
If no suitable seat is found, you will receive an “unsuccessful” email.
12. While we will do everything we can to ensure that we get you to the airport on time there are circumstances out with our control for which we accept no responsibility for, these are as follows, but not limited to: –
All adverse weather conditions, including high winds at the Forth Road & Tay Road Bridges
All Forth Road & Tay Road Bridge restrictions and closures.
Personal items, belongings inclusive of lost and left luggage
All passengers are advised to have adequate travel insurance prior to booking.
Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers does not accept responsibility for any personal belongings/items inside the taxi vehicles or inside any roof boxes/luggage transporters.
We advise passengers to plan to arrive at the airport with plenty time prior to flight departure to allow for possible unpredicted delays en route to or from the airport.
Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers will not be responsibility for any passengers missing their flight under any circumstances.
13.1. Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers uses the personal information given by visitors to this website when submitting forms only to improve our products and services.
We do not gather information in any other way.
14. The Data Protection Act
We use the information you give us lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Your personal data is stored securely to prevent any unauthorised access to it.
The information we hold will be accurate and up to date.
The Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £5 to meet Starfish Taxis’ costs in providing you with details of the information it holds about you.
Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers also asks that you provide it with two forms of photographic identification so that it can verify your identity. Any request should be in writing and addressed to-
“Starfish Taxis” by post at:
14.1. Service Providers:
To process your booking, we will only share your personal information with our drivers and another taxi operator selected to provide the service to you, but only as much necessary to perform these functions and improve our service.
Third party taxi operators won’t be allowed to use this information for their own benefit.
15.1.We keep the information you give us. If you do not want to consent for us to keep this information contact us immediately at Starfish@Taxistandrews.co.uk
Upon booking our services we will not release any of your submitted data to other parties.
After booking and in the event the service needs to be carried out by a third party registered taxi service provider we will only share following details in confidentiality:
Name – Phone number – Pick up time and date – Drop off address – Luggage description and the number of passengers
16. Third party services:
Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers uses Google Analytics to help understand use of our Services.
Google, Analytics collects the information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including cookies and your IP address.
16.1.Third party sites:
Our site may contain links to and from other websites, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Starfish Taxis – Airport Transfers