Charges (fare plate) for taxis and private hire cars fitted with a taxi meter:
These fares are effective from 5th December, 2022
For hirings begun between 6.00 a.m. and 10.00 p.m.
If the distance does not exceed 600 yards (549 metres) – for the whole distance – £3.60
If the distance exceeds 600 yards – for the first 600 yards – £3.60
For each additional 150 yards (137 metres) or uncompleted part thereof – 20p
For hirings begun between 10.00 p.m. and 6.00 a.m. Or where the hire extends beyond the boundary of Fife:
• First 600 vards – £4.50
Subsequent yardage – plus 25% on Stage 1 rate
• Waiting Time – Each period of 48 seconds – 20p (i.e. £15.00 per hour)
Extra Charges holiday season
Christmas/New Year – for hirings between 6.00 a.m. and 10.00 p.m. on 25th and 26th December and Ist and 2nd January and for hirings between 6.00 p.m. and 10.00 p.m. on 24th and 31st December
• Plus 50% on Stage 1 rate
For hirings between 10.00 p.m. and 6.00 a.m. on 24th, 25th and 31st December and Ist January:
• Plus 50% on Stage 2 rate
- Excess or abnormal luggage – minimum charge £5.00.
- Anyone soiling a taxi is liable to a £60.00 charge
- The approved scale of fares are deemed by the Customs and Excise to be VAT inclusive for the purposes of VAT registered taxi operators
- These fares are effective from 5 December, 2022
- This information (plate) is to be displayed in the taxi or private hire car if fitted with a taxi meter
For more information contact
Regulation Team :
Tel: 08451 55 11 77 Contact Regulation Team online
By Post: Fife Council, Fife House, North Street, Glenrothes, KY7 5LT
Fife council Taxi Fare Charges in Fife – Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982
the initial flag price will increase from £3.60 between 6am and 10pm.
A 10-mile journey £25.48.
A 10-mile trip after 10pm will be £32.85